sUp5rET.png

Non Hostile Competition with other Communities

Kodiak

<b><span style="color: white;">Faction Leader<br /
I've been a member of MTA:RP for over 5 years now. I began roleplaying back in 2012, MTA:RP was where I first started. I remember having so much fun here, everything was new, everything was exciting. There was plenty of RP opportunities... from being a mechanic, to driving a bus route, to joining a legal faction like SAN, joining a law enforcement agency like LSPD or SPD. I've truly had some great times at this community, and was incredibly privileged to have experienced MTA:RP in it's early years.

Although something has changed. Somewhere in the mix we got caught up in making profit rather than making roleplay experiences (although most P2W features have been removed, though there's still some that need to be removed). We've also stopped caring about scripts here at MTA:RP... we basically gave up. We began copying scripts from United Gaming, and *** Gaming making MTA:RP a community that was not unique. We started producing low quality scripts and features that don't represent a community that takes pride in its work. We no longer aim to be competitive in regards to other communities when it comes to our features. We've stopped caring and just hoped that loyalty to the community would fight against competition.

Can we fix this? Yes, we can. But we need to work very hard. Both with features in-game, features on the forums, features on the UCP, and in the donation menu. We need to offer what other communities do, and MORE than what other communities do while providing a fair balanced community.

Here are my suggestions in helping recovering MTA:RP's image in the MTA community.

Own up to our mistakes, it's simple... We made mistakes and we need to accept that before we can move forward. We need to apologize to other communities we've damaged, and to those we've wronged.

1) Apologize for DDoSing other communities.
2) Apologize for ripping scripts from other communities & remove them immediately.
3) Apologize to the MTA community for seeking profit rather than offering a great RP experience.

I believe if we were to apologize for the above actions, it would show the community that MTA:RP is ready to mature, and move on from our mistakes.

Introduce new features, and features that other communities have without stealing their written code.

1) Vehicle customization.
2) Custom interiors at a flat donation rate.
3) Custom textures for interiors.
4) CEF integration to use the laptop, or have a theater.
5) Anything new that is of good quality really.

We need to let the MTA community know that we're innovative... really innovative not just edit a few lines of code and say "hey look, here you go ;)".
Hiring incompetent shit administration (mostly brought in through purchasing admin rank, some through friendships with higher administration).

The hiring of administrators should be done in a democratic way by giving us community members some say in who we want to become an administrator.

Phase #1) Players make application for admin (if they pass requirements such as age, no bans within last two months, have decent English skills, etc... AKA the basics).
Phase #2) Higher administration releases the names of the applicants who met the requirements, and makes a poll that allows us to vote (multiple choice voting).
Phase #3) Top 25% in the polls make the cut and become trial administrator.

These forums though... I've been on this forum for the last five years. I have to admit, vBulletin is now outdated. It's clunky, ugly, and doesn't have much addons/plugins.

1) Upgrade to IP Board forum
2) Install a nice none cringe theme
3) Install addons such as liking posts, tagging users, etc

4) We could also install a social media website (some sort of Facebook clone PHP website so we can offer more immersive RP without having to directly IG).

I'm sure there's a lot more I can think of, and could go on for a long time. But I'd like to see what everyone has to offer for suggestions of change.

DO NOT DEBATE OTHER PEOPLES SUGGESTIONS. THIS IS TO POST YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND LET THE MTA:RP TEAM SEE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY. NOT TO DEBATE AND ARGUE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray Payne

<b><span style="color:#B3102B;"t>Serb</b><br /><b>
Donator
Where have you been the last month?

All pay 2 win has been removed. Vehicle mods are removed.
You naming all these features and bitching at the current ones without realizing theres only one dev thats putting in work.
The community voting for admins is a horrible idea. Youd have friends vote for friends, people who hate someone vote against them.
Forum theme can be changed on the bottom of the thread.
Custom interiors are 25Vp per 100 objects, which is good enough.
Custom textures inside interiors exist already IG.
The server is fresh right now, All those rp opportunitys exist already. No ones stopping you from working the bus routes or joining hex.

MTA can't apologize for its players ddossing others, same with stealing of scripts. The owners never told their devs "go steal me some scripts".
Mta is a business, its not a charity. The owner needs to find ways to make profit on his server while he operates it.
Yall weren't bitching when V12/V16s were added IG. No one was bitching when you could sell your VP IG was added. Move on shits changed.

Welcome back Carrot.

Luka

MTA:RP Forum Legend
You're as right as you're wrong here.. I definitely agree with some of the things you listed, such as DDoSing other communities (even though the ones who did it are no longer here), updating forums and making better and new features.

Thanks for taking your time to make this post and help us, we highly appreciate it :)

Lesley

2012 *******
Donator
I'm sorry to be the douche here, but I have to agree with most points Carrot made here.

Not aiming to offend anyone, but this community could surely be more mature, if you'd ask me.

Stick

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Nothing is going to change and we all know it. I feel sorry for Luka because he's the one that tried but aren't we forgetting that the purchase of the server has been a long time ago?

What has changed? Some easy shit here and there that has probably be done by Luka because this "owner" isn't doing anything.

I don't know guys, would you buy a server and then do nothing with it? Why'd you get it in the first place? Just think about that for a moment.

@Luka really bro just give up, it's not worth it you're just being played trust me.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
So your saying MTARP got caught up in making profit rather than RP? Tell me, what exactly do you think this reset was for? Tell me, what do you think they were removing every single pay to win feature there was? There's a new owner, shits changed for the better. We just need to find a way to keep profit going to keep the server up. And shits still in the process of getting better, but we've got very few admins working on the server, and very few players to donate. It would be different if there was a whole team of admins, but there isn't, there's like 3. Carrot, have you ever attempted making your own scripts? Especially as complicated as the ones MTARP runs? Its a VERY difficult task and honestly its too much for just a few people to do, so learning how other scripts work and rewriting them is much quicker and much easier. Although it would be better if our scripts were unique, I don't think its possible at this time. Every single one of us members need to help out and get the player base up, not try, but actually get people to come on. *** grew because of that shitty YouTube channel I think, so MTARP needs something like that. We need people to record their roleplay and post that shit on the interwebs, make the server known. If every single person got one person to join (ie: a brother/ friend) our player base would double. Your complaining about what the admins aren't doing, but we players aren't doing anything either. Why don't we do something about it? Let's fucking grow, even bigger than ***. They had to do it somehow, and so can we.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
Nothing is going to change and we all know it. I feel sorry for Luka because he's the one that tried but aren't we forgetting that the purchase of the server has been a long time ago?

What has changed? Some easy shit here and there that has probably be done by Luka because this "owner" isn't doing anything.

I don't know guys, would you buy a server and then do nothing with it? Why'd you get it in the first place? Just think about that for a moment.

@Luka really bro just give up, it's not worth it you're just being played trust me.

He isn't doing anything? He dropped like 1500 or whatever the price was for this server and the previous owner goes and litteraly starts the same server and steals everything, including the players. Its just a really pathetic way to grab some money. Crucial is a nice fucking guy, and if he's doing nothing then how did the server change so much for the better? Give him time to do this stuff

Kodiak

Where have you been the last month?

All pay 2 win has been removed. Vehicle mods are removed.
You naming all these features and bitching at the current ones without realizing theres only one dev thats putting in work.
The community voting for admins is a horrible idea. Youd have friends vote for friends, people who hate someone vote against them.
Forum theme can be changed on the bottom of the thread.
Custom interiors are 25Vp per 100 objects, which is good enough.
Custom textures inside interiors exist already IG.
The server is fresh right now, All those rp opportunitys exist already. No ones stopping you from working the bus routes or joining hex.

MTA can't apologize for its players ddossing others, same with stealing of scripts. The owners never told their devs "go steal me some scripts".
Mta is a business, its not a charity. The owner needs to find ways to make profit on his server while he operates it.
Yall weren't bitching when V12/V16s were added IG. No one was bitching when you could sell your VP IG was added. Move on shits changed.

Welcome back Carrot.

That's where you are wrong. MTA is not a business, and never will be a business. MTA is a gaming community... donations are not meant to cover all of the costs in regards to running a community. Donations are here to help lessen the burden on those who pay for such services. We could could easily run MTA:RP on a $50 dedi, or vps. Honestly it is not, and does not have to be expensive to run this community.

VPS/Dedi / per month = $50
Domain / per year = $5

We have no need to be using commercial class servers...

MTA:RP can apologize for DDoSing as the past owner has actively participated in the DDoSing. As for stealing scripts, the past owner may of not of told them to "go steal me some scripts" but they were well aware of where the scripts came from and should of removed them. See with being a leader you have to own up to not only your mistakes, but your team's mistakes as well.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
That's where you are wrong. MTA is not a business, and never will be a business. MTA is a gaming community... donations are not meant to cover all of the costs in regards to running a community. Donations are here to help lessen the burden on those who pay for such services. We could could easily run MTA:RP on a $50 dedi, or vps. Honestly it is not, and does not have to be expensive to run this community.

VPS/Dedi / per month = $50
Domain / per year = $5

We have no need to be using commercial class servers...

MTA:RP can apologize for DDoSing as the past owner has actively participated in the DDoSing. As for stealing scripts, the past owner may of not of told them to "go steal me some scripts" but they were well aware of where the scripts came from and should of removed them. See with being a leader you have to own up to not only your mistakes, but your team's mistakes as well.

Honestly he really doesn't have to do shit. I'm having difficulty understanding your reasoning behind your argument and your reasoning for making this thread

Kodiak

Honestly he really doesn't have to do shit. I'm having difficulty understanding your reasoning behind your argument and your reasoning for making this thread

My reasoning behind this thread is to repair MTA:RP's image within the MTA community. There's many reasons why MTA:RP has become what it is now...

1) DDoSing other communities
2) Profit over Roleplay (Most P2W perks have been removed, although there's still a couple that need to be done with).
3) Sloppy / Incompetent / Stolen scripted features (We're behind on vehicle customization, and many other areas of scripted features).
4) Incompetent / Lazy staff

We're way behind in regards to our competitors, and it's people like YOU no offence who would rather see us stay behind than progress.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
My reasoning behind this thread is to repair MTA:RP's image within the MTA community. There's many reasons why MTA:RP has become what it is now...

1) DDoSing other communities
2) Profit over Roleplay (Most P2W perks have been removed, although there's still a couple that need to be done with).
3) Sloppy / Incompetent / Stolen scripted features (We're behind on vehicle customization, and many other areas of scripted features).
4) Incompetent / Lazy staff

We're way behind in regards to our competitors, and it's people like YOU no offence who would rather see us stay behind than progress.

Our "Staff" consists of just a few people. How are they supposed to create all the scripts you want, while fixing all this other shit your complaining about, also while dealing with their life outside of the game, while dealing with anything that comes up in game also. I'm sure that if you had better scripts than what is running right now, they would be happy to add them. Your expecting too much from very few people when you probably have no idea how to do half the shit they have to do on a daily basis.

And so its people like me who would rather "see us stay behind than progress?" How exactly is that? Honestly what I would rather see is MTARP being a good server once again with a decent player base and with good rp. So you don't want any of that, you just care about progress with the scripts? You want MTARP to have what every other server has, but you want them to write their own scripts and have them perfectly functional. They have been doing hardley anything but work since the reset from what I've seen, and then people like you (no offense) keep creating pointless threads talking down about the administration. Servers like *** have an extended admin and scripting team that are very good at what they do. I don't mean any offense to the staff when I say this but your pretty much asking seranation (a local Florida band) to write music as good as Bob Marley and it be flawless. Your being too impatient with them right now, they can only do so much at a time.

Kodiak

Our "Staff" consists of just a few people. How are they supposed to create all the scripts you want, while fixing all this other shit your complaining about, also while dealing with their life outside of the game, while dealing with anything that comes up in game also. I'm sure that if you had better scripts than what is running right now, they would be happy to add them. Your expecting too much from very few people when you probably have no idea how to do half the shit they have to do on a daily basis.

And so its people like me who would rather "see us stay behind than progress?" How exactly is that? Honestly what I would rather see is MTARP being a good server once again with a decent player base and with good rp. So you don't want any of that, you just care about progress with the scripts? You want MTARP to have what every other server has, but you want them to write their own scripts and have them perfectly functional. They have been doing hardley anything but work since the reset from what I've seen, and then people like you (no offense) keep creating pointless threads talking down about the administration. Servers like *** have an extended admin and scripting team that are very good at what they do. I don't mean any offense to the staff when I say this but your pretty much asking seranation (a local Florida band) to write music as good as Bob Marley and it be flawless. Your being too impatient with them right now, they can only do so much at a time.

If what I'm asking for from a once respected MTA community is too difficult for this current administration extending to even our devs is "too much" than what is the point of MTA:RP still operating? If what players want from this community is too high of a standard here at MTA:RP as opposed to our competitor; what's the point in even viewing MTA:RP as a choice?

MTA:RP once upon a time was innovative. After the collapse of RootGaming, before United Gaming even opened MTA:RP was creative; when Broccoli, and Callum were developers. Unfortunately, but rightfully so... Broccoli and Callum left because the previous owner of MTA:RP was using their scripting skills in a way to make profit, rather than to provide scripts that offered a better roleplay experience for the whole community.

If what I, and many other members are expecting from MTA:RP is perceived as too high of standard by the current administration, than perhaps MTA:RP may be a lost cause. Which is sad because MTA:RP has been through some amazing things, reach some amazing heights, and has provided roleplay to many people.

tbagg1597

Clint Villa
If what I'm asking for from a once respected MTA community is too difficult for this current administration extending to even our devs is "too much" than what is the point of MTA:RP still operating? If what players want from this community is too high of a standard here at MTA:RP as opposed to our competitor; what's the point in even viewing MTA:RP as a choice?

MTA:RP once upon a time was innovative. After the collapse of RootGaming, before United Gaming even opened MTA:RP was creative; when Broccoli, and Callum were developers. Unfortunately, but rightfully so... Broccoli and Callum left because the previous owner of MTA:RP was using their scripting skills in a way to make profit, rather than to provide scripts that offered a better roleplay experience for the whole community.

If what I, and many other members are expecting from MTA:RP is perceived as too high of standard by the current administration, than perhaps MTA:RP may be a lost cause. Which is sad because MTA:RP has been through some amazing things, reach some amazing heights, and has provided roleplay to many people.

What you don't seem to understand is that all this shit you expect to be done instantly, takes time. And shit takes time to build. Were pretty much at rock bottom, why don't we HELP instead of argue? Why don't we (including you) help attract players to this server? Basically you want a couple of people to do a list of chores you wrote but you haven't done anything to help. Everyone of us could be helping, but everybody just wants to wait for the admins to do all the shit they demand. I know a few of us players are trying to get friends to join the server. With more people, donations will come. With donations, the server will stay up. With the server still up, more people will join, with more people, more admins will be hired, more scripter, with more scripter, more scripts will come, with more admins, more shit will get done. Why don't you go run a server alone? See if you can do it alone and deal with all your players complaining about everything that isn't getting done, even though your probably already working on it.

Erron

Kdog and Carrot.
You both have a right and a wrong perspective on that matter.
Carrot : What you did was to actually check if Kdog can be trusted , was a test IMO , since you were the owner of a server you were paying to keep it alive
Although , it was wrong from the other side , since you lured him to it.Everyone would do it if they knew they were going to something better.You couldn't know if he would do the same to you tho.
Kdog : Thinking that you could help the other server , you did what you did.Cannot blame you for that.You knew that it was a copycat server and you took action.
Although , you could have worked it out better and act differently without giving away MTARP's scripts.
I am not the one who judges , I am pointing out my opinion.I know what kind of a guy you are Kdog so whatever they say , I still like ya.
PS : Tbag , when a server gets on such a peak gives players expectations even in this condition.The people who were back on its glory days want this server to do things that for people who came here recently aren't in the first place.So please , chill your nipples and respect the other's opinion.Every thread has its point , so that the responsible ones of this community know what former players think about.

sUp5rET.png