Status
Not open for further replies.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Hello,

After a month of childish DDoS attacks, we finally decided that we are only going to succeed by beating them.. It's very different when you deal with kids.. See, Adults would have an actual Job, and Life to attend to, so they wouldn't have time to keep doing this day in and day out. But when it comes to kids, their fucking bored! Hey what better to do than go attack a community that succeeded, because deep down inside your mad that you cant succeed, Right? Anyways. </rant>

We have ordered a new Server, and it is being setup now. We hope to have access to it Tonight. we will get the server moved over to it, and throw up a Redirect on our Old IP as soon as it is back online. Our intention is to keep the Redirect Server up for at least a month, and unfortunately that costs money.. We have laid down quite a bit in order to get this new server, and even took a sponsor deal in order to properly afford it. Any continued support in the form of donations is greatly appreciated. As stated earlier this week, we HAVE the money to pay for this server, But we have to keep in mind that its nearly a 300% Increase from what we previously paid. Money will start to run out at a much greater pace, so it is important that we stay on top of our community about sales, and keeping people happy :)

Without our community (the People), we would not be who we are today, So I want to thank each and every one of you, Donator or not. we enjoy having you here, and hope to continue to Grow, once we become stable again.
If you ever have any issues, and feel like you have no one to turn to, Please keep me in mind! I will be glad to assist in your issues. Although I may not be able to respond the fastest possible, I will eventually respond.

I will update later the new IP Address, and any information that I feel i should share about the new server.

Thanks for your continued Support
MTA Roleplay Staff

TheGuyNL

Donator
Donator
+1 for everything in this post! I will definitely keep donating to this server as it's the best RP server I have seen in a while.

Chase

Why keep the redirect server? People will migate back and you said so yourself, waste of money.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Why keep the redirect server? People will migate back and you said so yourself, waste of money.

As you can see.. On a new IP we are less about 20 Players today.. Its a good idea to give them a heads up on where we are. If we didn't keep it up for a month, then the old server would be set to go down on the 28th. Which gives less than a week.

Chase

As you can see.. On a new IP we are less about 20 Players today.. Its a good idea to give them a heads up on where we are. If we didn't keep it up for a month, then the old server would be set to go down on the 28th. Which gives less than a week.

What ever works, I'm just coming from personal experience, even after a LONG downtime event we've had(not this one), we got back to 50 players a couple days after.

:D

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
The new Server is Online! Refer to the Server Monitors on the forum for the IP :)

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
I am happy to report 24 Hours of NO DDoS attacks due to our new server. Its impossible for me to see if they even actually tried, but as much as they HAVE been trrying I would say its safe to say they tried. We did not go down, nor lag due to any DDoS attacks today. Hoping for another successful day tomorrow.

It was rough at first last night, But As i told you guys, Once the hosting company configured it correctly, it was smooth sailing from there :)

Thanks

MikZeR

Donator
Donator
Doesn't seem to be so effective.

Surely doesn't, it just went down. HOWEVER, it doesn't NECESSARILY have to be a DDoS attack, COULD be the network failing, if we're 'lucky'.

Another thing is the fact that, actually DDoS-protecting a server is first of all VERY expensive if you wish to get the right equipment and software shizzle, next thing is, as far as I know it is actually COMPLETELY impossible to ever FULLY block a DDoS attack, as long as they have enough computers and as long as their connection is strong enough, they will be capable of really bringing down big servers. HOWEVER, the chance of the kids DDoS'ing us having that good of a connection + that many computers is most likely not realistic.

It's very sad to see it lagging and closing down and shit, but as loyal players we should stay no matter what, but it surely is annoying as hell, I agree with that. Let's hope Staminus can do something, otherwise they're not looking properly, they should be able to look into their log files to see which IP has 'connected' to the server A LOT of times per second or some shit such as that. :p

EDIT:

Must be pretty sad for the DDoS'ers to see that the server is not really losing as many players as they probably hoped it would haha.

~MikZeR.

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
Surely doesn't, it just went down. HOWEVER, it doesn't NECESSARILY have to be a DDoS attack, COULD be the network failing, if we're 'lucky'.

Another thing is the fact that, actually DDoS-protecting a server is first of all VERY expensive if you wish to get the right equipment and software shizzle, next thing is, as far as I know it is actually COMPLETELY impossible to ever FULLY block a DDoS attack, as long as they have enough computers and as long as their connection is strong enough, they will be capable of really bringing down big servers. HOWEVER, the chance of the kids DDoS'ing us having that good of a connection + that many computers is most likely not realistic.

It's very sad to see it lagging and closing down and shit, but as loyal players we should stay no matter what, but it surely is annoying as hell, I agree with that. Let's hope Staminus can do something, otherwise they're not looking properly, they should be able to look into their log files to see which IP has 'connected' to the server A LOT of times per second or some shit such as that. :p

EDIT:

Must be pretty sad for the DDoS'ers to see that the server is not really losing as many players as they probably hoped it would haha.

~MikZeR.

the downtimes we are seeing are caused from server lag, likely a overload of scripts. We're working on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png