Roleplay + member
Donator
What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[X] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- So, I think that you should add some more flexibility with the vehicles, and how they handle. Allow players to actually change some factors of the vehicle like how much grip it has, make some sort of custom UI which allows white-listed players to change some factors of a vehicle. It'd be nice to actually have the ability to customise vehicle acceleration or so to some extent, I understand that you guys need the donation money, so maybe you should allow people who roleplay modifications increase vehicle acceleration to more than.. Stock.. But less than 25 power. At the moment, every car is just.. The same, unless it's an Agera, Shelby, or abused, it goes 200 max, and has the same acceleration as any other car of it's type, along with same grip and such. It'd be nice to see some diversity when it comes to how each car actual handles and so on, dependant on what has been done to it Rply.

Advantages/Benefits
Encourages mechanic RP
Gives more diversity to cars
Allows players to customise their vehicles further
Makes everything a bit less 'pay-to-win', an aspect which a lot of people complain about.
It would also help with the in-character economy. At the moment, prices for cars (being sold to players from players) have near enough the same price ranges;
Stock being around 100-500k
V12's being about 2-5Mill
v16's being about 10-20 mill.
If you add more unique vehicle power, the prices would be more diverse, so people could actually buy betters cars than stock for example, without having to pay 2million +

Disadvantages
Potential abuse of the script / white-list
Would take up the developers time
Might put some people off from donating as they can get cars with different powers.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ X] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- Honestly, if you guys have the resources and developers, create a UI which is accessible by whitelisted people who have been tested for their RP / knowledge, and allow them to RP as mechanics or the likes to mod vehicles.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- Again, it would help add more diversity to the vehicles on the server, at the moment, everything is just.. Either stock, v12, or v16, an agera, or a shelby. Which is kinda lame.

Additional information: I'm AdamZZ :D

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Have been tested, didn't work out(as I recall). Neutral opinion here.

AdamZZ

Roleplay + member
Donator
Have been tested, didn't work out(as I recall). Neutral opinion here.

Has it? I don't recall. If it has then, my bad, I suppose.
Although, I don't see a reason as to why it would've failed.

hopzzz

<b><span style="background: url(https://goo.gl/2cr
Yes, it has been tried, didn't work out so well.

BUT, when we find a decent developer who can work on vehicle mods then there will be changes coming.
You should make a suggestion of adding different types of vehicle mods for now.

What we can do is offer players different type of engines up to 50 power and 200 speed. MAYBE?`
So maybe there would be 15 power, 25 power, 35 power, 50 power? Just something to think of.

But yeah, we are low on developers and making a new GUI and whole new system is not gonna work right now.

AdamZZ

Roleplay + member
Donator

BUT, when we find a decent developer who can work on vehicle mods then there will be changes coming.

What we can do is offer players different type of engines up to 50 power and 200 speed. MAYBE?`
So maybe there would be 15 power, 25 power, 35 power, 50 power? Just something to think of.

But yeah, we are low on developers and making a new GUI and whole new system is not gonna work right now.

Yeh, that's basically what i'm saying.. It'd be cool to have other power mods than just like you know.. 25, 50 or stock. It'd be cool to see some different versions. I've seen players trying to start up drag racing maps and stuff too.. So it'd be ideal to have cars which go faster or accelerate faster and stuff for those situations in particular.

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
If you guys can find a Vehicle Developer or what ever the fuck you call it. +1, Im up for this.

JTA

<b><span style="color:#47761E;"t>FiveM Developer</
Donator

Just add the 15, 25, 35, 50 pwr to F7.
Be able to buy setspeed 150, 175, 200, 220? With F7

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
+1,

Break up the acceleration more. I suggest allowing players to alter the drag/traction (idk what im saying but it sounds reasonable dont kill me k) that will lead to better acceleration/handling or worse.

JTA

Donator

Maybe even instead of /setdrivetype lower the price of CDT and make it only one of the three, not all of the three.
Example.
FWD: 50 vPoints
BWD: 75 vPoints
AWD: 125 vPoints

AdamZZ

Roleplay + member
Donator

Here's the thing, partially, what I'm going for with this situation is to encourage mechanic Rp more... Adding more stuff to donate for negates that entire thing, and it just makes everything even more unrealistic / pay to win.
If people were to actually go to mechanics to get their vehicles upgraded, it'd be.. Better.. In near enough every way. I don't see the point in just making.. More features to pay for, that'd negate an entire aspect of this suggestion.

JTA

Donator
Here's the thing, partially, what I'm going for with this situation is to encourage mechanic Rp more... Adding more stuff to donate for negates that entire thing, and it just makes everything even more unrealistic / pay to win.
If people were to actually go to mechanics to get their vehicles upgraded, it'd be.. Better.. In near enough every way. I don't see the point in just making.. More features to pay for, that'd negate an entire aspect of this suggestion.

I know what you were doing, I'm just suggesting my own shit here.

sUp5rET.png