Donator
New Suggestion/Idea

What does it affect?
Tick all that apply
[ X ] MTA:RP Gameplay
[ ] User Interface
[ ] MTA:RP Forums
[ ] UCP
[ ] Only MTA:RP Staff (Administration Tools)
[ ] Other _______________

Please provide a brief summary of your Suggestion/Idea
- I'd like it if the laws against marijuana on the server would be revised. Getting arrested for having a gram of weed on you is just stupid, I genuinely can't name a place in the world where you'd get -arrested- for having a gram of weed on you.

Advantages/Benefits
- It gives players abit more RP opportunities, makes addiction and so on something which opens up to players, it would make the server feel more realistic as you don't get put in jail for owning a gram of weed.. All in all it's just more realistic to the whole "LAPD" theme which this servers PD and such seems to revolve around.
Could also provide some more RP for LSPD as they could investigate drugs in a more in-depth manner than just "He has them" or "He doesn't have them. It would also probably lead to more RP in terms of public intoxication and such.

Disadvantages
If any
- Potentially stop some RP for Law Enforcement as people who smoke weed or have a small amount of it on them can't just be arrested for having it.

Does it require scripting?
Tick one
[ X ] No.
[ ] Yes, I have the script.
[ ] Yes, but it still needs to be scripted.

How would you go about implementing this suggestion?
- Just revise the penal code and make the charges more accurate to something like California or some shit.

Impact the suggestion would have if implemented
- I can get baked and they can't do shit about it. obv.

Additional information:
- Legalise it boys

JTA

<b><span style="color:#47761E;"t>FiveM Developer</
Donator
1 – IT’S BAD FOR YOU IN ALL SORTS OF WAYS

Although cannabis may have some medical uses in strictly controlled circumstances, smoking it or munching on space cakes is simply not good for you. Opium poppy derivatives have medical uses – but that doesn’t make heroin healthy. Dope is called that for a reason – it makes you stupid. As well as being bad for your brain, it’s bad for your lungs, bad for your heart and a terrible risk if you plan to do anything like drive or operate machinery. Pot smokers also run higher risks of developing mental health problems like schizophrenia and depression.

2. MORE PEOPLE WILL USE IT

Cannabis is highly addictive. Studies show up to one-in10 users develop dependence over time. Stopping marijuana use can lead to withdrawal symptoms like anxiety and irritability. Over half the 7.3 million people classified with illicit drug dependence or abuse in the United States are hooked on weed. Making it legal will mean more people will use it – including youngsters – and more people will become addicted.

3. PUSHERS WILL KEEP PUSHING

Legalizing cannabis won’t stop the drug gangs, they’ll just see profits boosted as it leads to more users and more addicts. Just look at Amsterdam where the liberal pot culture has spawned social problems from muggings to prostitution and hard drug use. The authorities there have been tightening restrictions. Research shows that heavy pot-smokers are several times more likely than non-users to commit violent crime.

4. WEED LEADS TO WORSE

The use of soft drugs, such as marijuana, leads to the use of hard drugs. Addiction experts regard weed as a gateway drug that potentially introduces users to more serious substance abuse. Research in New Zealand found regular cannabis users were 60 times more likely to try other illicit drugs than young people who had never smoked cannabis. Cannabis itself is getting stronger. The stuff puffed by hippies in the 1960s had around 1% of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the chemical responsible for most of marijuana’s psychological effects. Today’s THC levels can run to over 30%.

Now all jokes aside, obviously +1.

Lazzo

I eat children
Donator
1 – IT’S BAD FOR YOU IN ALL SORTS OF WAYS

Although cannabis may have some medical uses in strictly controlled circumstances, smoking it or munching on space cakes is simply not good for you. Opium poppy derivatives have medical uses – but that doesn’t make heroin healthy. Dope is called that for a reason – it makes you stupid. As well as being bad for your brain, it’s bad for your lungs, bad for your heart and a terrible risk if you plan to do anything like drive or operate machinery. Pot smokers also run higher risks of developing mental health problems like schizophrenia and depression.

2. MORE PEOPLE WILL USE IT

Cannabis is highly addictive. Studies show up to one-in10 users develop dependence over time. Stopping marijuana use can lead to withdrawal symptoms like anxiety and irritability. Over half the 7.3 million people classified with illicit drug dependence or abuse in the United States are hooked on weed. Making it legal will mean more people will use it – including youngsters – and more people will become addicted.

3. PUSHERS WILL KEEP PUSHING

Legalizing cannabis won’t stop the drug gangs, they’ll just see profits boosted as it leads to more users and more addicts. Just look at Amsterdam where the liberal pot culture has spawned social problems from muggings to prostitution and hard drug use. The authorities there have been tightening restrictions. Research shows that heavy pot-smokers are several times more likely than non-users to commit violent crime.

4. WEED LEADS TO WORSE

The use of soft drugs, such as marijuana, leads to the use of hard drugs. Addiction experts regard weed as a gateway drug that potentially introduces users to more serious substance abuse. Research in New Zealand found regular cannabis users were 60 times more likely to try other illicit drugs than young people who had never smoked cannabis. Cannabis itself is getting stronger. The stuff puffed by hippies in the 1960s had around 1% of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the chemical responsible for most of marijuana’s psychological effects. Today’s THC levels can run to over 30%.

Now all jokes aside, obviously +1.

All this and not one piece of evidence to back anything up.

I think this should be implemented but i don't think that it should be completly leegal , It stops alot of RP from growing it to hiding farms etc.

It should be over a certain amount be illegal and the rest is just a warning/fine with the weed being taken off you.

This is not removing ANY rp from the cops and the more we can get in this server at this time is a good idea.

*Neutral* -/+ 1

JTA

<b><span style="color:#47761E;"t>FiveM Developer</
Donator
All this and not one piece of evidence to back anything up.

I think this should be implemented but i don't think that it should be completly leegal , It stops alot of RP from growing it to hiding farms etc.

It should be over a certain amount be illegal and the rest is just a warning/fine with the weed being taken off you.

This is not removing ANY rp from the cops and the more we can get in this server at this time is a good idea.

*Neutral* -/+ 1

This can be twisted to..

- You need a medical marijuana license from a doctor within SAES.
- You need a medical marijuana growing license from FCSA or SAPD.

This will create more over-all passive RP, people can create cannabis shops, where you need a Medical Marijuana License.
Also will create transport jobs, farming jobs, RP for SAES and SAPD/FCSA etc.

Maximum amounts could be.. 4 grams for personal use, above that it's an intend to distribute etc.

I think whoever implements this, can actually create proper RP and loads of things to do. :)

jameshargus

Los Santos Police Department
This suggestion should be legally proposed as a bill to the first court rather than an OOC suggestion shouldn't it? It's a law....

Mach2

Server Supervisor
Staff member
Server Supervisor
This suggestion should be legally proposed as a bill to the first court rather than an OOC suggestion shouldn't it? It's a law....

This is how suggestions are proposed to the server. We have no proposal system for that.

Regardless, Overload and I are working on something.. so keep your eyes open.

Lazzo

I eat children
Donator
This can be twisted to..

- You need a medical marijuana license from a doctor within SAES.
- You need a medical marijuana growing license from FCSA or SAPD.

This will create more over-all passive RP, people can create cannabis shops, where you need a Medical Marijuana License.
Also will create transport jobs, farming jobs, RP for SAES and SAPD/FCSA etc.

Maximum amounts could be.. 4 grams for personal use, above that it's an intend to distribute etc.

I think whoever implements this, can actually create proper RP and loads of things to do. :)

I would +1 this way

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
The only reason you /dont/ get off with only a few grams is because %90 of cops play robocops with 0 emotions or feelings and never let anyone off with warnings. In most places its still illegal, just not worth their time. Here, cops like hargus have nothing better to do than abuse faction privileges and torment players he has ooc grudges against. LSPD is searching and seizing player stats with self-approved warrants for any reason they see fit now - a practice that before only happened for high-intensity RP events or as a last resort (just another example of declining RP quality)
I think before laws or rules are changed the state of RP quality in general should be addressed. Sure, before the server was dead and people could probably just do whatever they want with no repercussions, but now that some players are returning I think it would be a good idea to reform the PD that was likely filled simply because nobody was there to fill it before.

Buddy

Lead Administrator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
The only reason you /dont/ get off with only a few grams is because %90 of cops play robocops with 0 emotions or feelings and never let anyone off with warnings. In most places its still illegal, just not worth their time. Here, cops like hargus have nothing better to do than abuse faction privileges and torment players he has ooc grudges against. LSPD is searching and seizing player stats with self-approved warrants for any reason they see fit now - a practice that before only happened for high-intensity RP events or as a last resort (just another example of declining RP quality)
I think before laws or rules are changed the state of RP quality in general should be addressed. Sure, before the server was dead and people could probably just do whatever they want with no repercussions, but now that some players are returning I think it would be a good idea to reform the PD that was likely filled simply because nobody was there to fill it before.

"Grudges"? This entire reply is just a hate filled grudge post lmfao.

Anyhow, +1

Overload

Keeper of the Keys
Staff member
Server Owner
Donator
At the end of the day, we follow the laws of real life..

A Gram (or any amount) of weed is ILLEGAL. How thats proceeded on is officer discretion...
If an officer decides to ticket you and move on, thats fine.. But if they chose to arrest thats entirely their decision.

Several factors can be weighed in to what they do.. For example your criminal history..

In your particular situation you had a “legal” firearm, however when you house a firearm to commit a crime (IE Illegal possession of weed) you no longer have a legal firearm.. Thats a much larger crime than “just a gram” which is what ended in you getting warranted and searched.

Majachie4

<b><span style="color:#FAEBD7;"t>#2012 Gang</b><br
Donator
"Grudges"? This entire reply is just a hate filled grudge post lmfao.

Anyhow, +1

a75.gif

sUp5rET.png