sUp5rET.png

Mapping, Gates, Guidelines & Information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator

Mapping & Gates

So, this is currently a info thread about how you can get your mapping added.

How do I map something, whether it be an Interior or exterior?

Well, here are two simple tutorials that explain the very basic of how you can map a interior and exterior.

Exteriors
[video=youtube;URN4DWkR4cM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URN4DWkR4cM[/video]

Interiors
[video=youtube;-h7x242kjZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h7x242kjZ8[/video]

Gates are little bit different, since we have a our own system for gates.

Create a new map, place a object you've chosen for your gate at where the gate will be when its "closed", after that save your .map and open it, copy the line that contains the <object tags. Once you're done, do the exact same for where the "open" position of the object would be, save the .map, copy and paste into a pastebin and place a link of the pastebin page on your mapping request.. http://pastebin.com/4kJi5ZNq < There is an example of closed and open gate coordinates.

Basically gates work by moving the object to two positions, one stays at the closed position and when you /gate, it will move automatically to the open position and vice versa.

What are the expectations and rules for submitting mapping and gates?

I'm glad you asked.

The rules for submitting a map are strict as we have seen eyesore mapping implemented in the past.

Exterior Mapping:

1) All exterior mapping must look realistic and not out of place. (Giant objects where they don't belong, random statues with dildos, ect)
2) NO GIANT FENCES, MILITARY STYLE DEFENCES OR GIANT GATES WHERE THEY DONT BELONG. (Large electrical barbwire fences on your house in grove street or vinewood. These things belong on factories and industrial places.)
3) Resized objects. Sometimes we allow resized objects if they are not buggy but our map system does not allow certain objects to be resized and will auto-scale them to their original size.
4) Unsolid objects. This is obvious, as its both non-rp and buggy.
5) Flickering objects that overlap each other, this causes FPS lag and should not be added.
6) Mapping over public areas. If you don't own the surrounding land of your property, you can not map there EVEN IF noone own the interiors nearby. You can't map off an entire residential area or a road because you feel like your replica of star tower would look perfect beside IGS.

That is practically the basics for exterior mapping rules.

Interior Mapping:

1) Do not create unrealistic interiors the exceed the exterior size by insane amounts.

Interior mapping does not have as much rules as exterior mapping, as typically people don't get the chance to go exploring out people's interiors randomly.

What are the costs of interior, gates and exterior mapping?

Interior mapping costs 25 vPoints for the limit of 100 Objects (Each time you exceed 100+, you will pay another 25vP)

Exterior mapping and gates costs 2vPoints per object and 10vPoints per world object removal (deleting default map objects)​

How do I submit my mapping or gates?

To submit mapping/gates, goto our ticket center and create a "Mapping Request" ticket. It is mandatory you post a download link of the .map file to your map, screenshots of the map and the location. Gates must be uploaded to pastebin.com with the OPEN and CLOSED positions of the object and must also have screenshots for them.

If you're curious about anything, private message me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png