[item mod] TV Modifications

Bahey

Donator
Staff member
Lead Administrator
Donator
Hello everybody....

So..

I was thinking of making /tv more interesting other than using it only for news...
like maybe.... Movies that are made by Players in the server... like... they would film some movies wid their screen recorders and edit it and just upload it on utube and those TVs would view dem :3

its just a suggestion

thanks,

Pacram

I would personally like to see this and in other forms such as a in game gui linked to the internet. However if I'm correct it would take an incredible amount of work and would take a long time, not sure if our scripter has the time

Jakobsen

Donator
Donator
I know a slight bit amount of scripting, though not on MTA, but i'd expect it to be REALLY hard to implent such things into MTA, and it would take a REALLY long ass time.

Braunson

The real MVP
Would not work. MTA has no Video streaming functions. When you see a SAN video, its just us moving your camera position. So having it play pre made videos would be impossible

Chase

Would not work. MTA has no Video streaming functions. When you see a SAN video, its just us moving your camera position. So having it play pre made videos would be impossible

MTA hasn't said either if they'd even even try to enable video streaming whatsoever.

Even if this was possible, it would cause a MASSS amount of lag. lol ;3

Not really. Since it'd be streaming cliently and shit.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator

There was a place where they streamed a video for a public theater.

Chase

You're lying lol. Its not possible unless it was premade, then its possible they used a shader. But that would not work very well tbh lol

He could be referring to that drive-in screen that was turned into a visualiser for whatever music is playing.

Beatty

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
He could be referring to that drive-in screen that was turned into a visualiser for whatever music is playing.

It was in that one place I can't mention :rolleyes:

I'm sure other people saw it as well. It was a simple Nyan clip, about 30 seconds long, which played on repeat in a mapped in movie theater.

sUp5rET.png