Not open for further replies.

JohnC

Donator
Donator
banner%20SA.png

Faction Request: Application & Rules

Introduction

Hey guys, JohnC here.

Today i'm going to teach you the application process, and rules to request a faction. Any faction requests prior to this post are now Declined, and i will be deleting them within the next day or so. So if you have anything you need to grab from your old posts, now would be a good time. As the new Head of Unofficial factions, my job is to review requests, watch over you in-game, and decide if you are ready to become an Official faction on the server. The reputation behind this department use to be Abysmal, being impossible to actually get a request accepted, and a faction made. And also known as the Alternative to donating for a faction (Which is faster, and easier :D). BUT this way is definitely the way to go, Not only does it show that you have put a lot of effort into making the faction, it will also show that you actually will put in the effort to keep your faction professional and well RP'd. So, enough of my talking. Lets move onto the steps.

I Hope this explains well enough on how to make a Application, Good luck to Everyone that applies!

How to Request a Faction
Follow these rules before you post an Application!!!

Step 1: Think before you Post!

A lot of people tend to go with their first idea, which isn't always bad. But most of the time isnt always good.. Always think before you post an application. Consider if it will actually bring RP to the server, or if it will actually have a purpose.

Example

Faction Name: Marty's Painting Inc
Purpose: Painting houses, for the citizens of Los Santos.
Verdict: DENIED

Reason: In this example, it would be useless because you cant actually change the color of the walls. Plus there isn't a real demand for people's houses being painted.

Step 2: Basic Rules before you make an Application

Here are some basic rules to make sure you comply with BEFORE you actually make a application, Failure to not follow these will result in an Automatic Decline

• The Unofficial faction must already be operational
  • You and your members must have already been active for 1 week
  • The current Unofficial faction must consist of 5 members (Including Yourself)
  • The leader of the faction must have at least 150 hours on their specific account (Exceptions can be made)
  • You and your faction must be Active during the Application Process
  • You (The Faction Leader) may not have any Non-RP Admin jails within the last Month
  • You (The Faction Leader) may not have been banned/unbanned within the last month

Step 3: The Application!

Finally, the application. Make sure you copy the application correctly, and answer every question. Failure to comply with these requirements will result in a automatic decline

Post ALL application on the Faction Requests sub-forum (That is where this thread is located). No more posting individually in the Government/Legal/illegal sub-forums anymore. I will not try to find them.

1) Select the "Awaiting Review" Prefix, located above the Thread Name
v To see where it is, click here v
5yHk4sd.png

2) Name the thread like so..
Faction Request: [Faction Type] Name of faction

Example:
Faction Request: [Government] Los Santos Police Department

3) Copy and paste the application format below, and answer all listed questions

HTML:
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Faction Name:[/COLOR] 
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Faction Type (Government/Legal/Illegal):[/COLOR] 
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Faction Leader's Name:[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Do you meet the 300 hour requirement?:[/COLOR] 

[color="#ff0000"]Are you a member of the Roleplay+ Group?:[/color]

[color="#ff0000"]Have you recently been jailed for any Non-RP? (Within the last Month):[/color]

[color="#ff0000"]How long as your Unofficial Faction been actively running?:[/color]

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Faction Rank List (1 = Highest rank, 15 = Lowest rank):[/COLOR]
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11) 
12) 
13) 
14) 
15) 

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Current Faction Members (Name/Rank):[/COLOR]
[LIST][*]person 1[*]person 2[*]person 3[*]person 4[*]person 5 [/LIST]

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Description of Faction (Minimum of 150 words)[/COLOR]: 

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Qualification to Join the Faction:[/COLOR] 

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Faction Rules:[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#40E0D0"]IC Faction Rules[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#40E0D0"]OOC Faction Rules[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FF0000"]If your faction is made, what would you need? (Example: Badges, Mapped HQ, Ect.):[/COLOR] 

[COLOR="#FF0000"]Screenshots of Roleplay:[/COLOR]

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE "CLOSE THIS THREAD" BOX CHECKED!!
v Click this if you need to see where it is v
AwmTUUo.png

How to go fast through the application process

There are some ways to make the application process faster, here are the ways that this can happen

• You (The Leader) are currently a Roleplay+ Member
  • Your members have been RP School'd by a Admin or RP+ Member
  • Past Experience (ON THIS SERVER) with leading a faction
  • Known to be active by the admin team

Step 4: The Application Process Stages

Here is each step that a application goes through, before its approval.

1) [Awaiting Review]: At this stage, I (Head of Unofficial Factions) have yet to look over the request, at this time NO REPLIES can be made.

2) [Recon Stage]: After the faction request has been reviewed, and passed onto the next stage. The application moves onto the Recon Stage, this consists of a 4-5 week watching period; and gives players a chance to see how the faction roleplays, and get the general idea of the faction itself.

3) [Awaiting Voting]: After the faction request passes the Recon Stage, i decide either to Decline the application, or to allow it into the voting stage. At this point, it will need a at least 5 +1's, or 5 -1's; Which ever is reached first will be the verdict. (This stage is only to see if they Player Community likes the idea) At which i will reply with the verdict, and close the thread. Note: Faction members listed in the request MAY NOT vote on the faction request.

4) [Judgement Stage]: If you have passed the voting stage, then you move onto the Judgement stage. this point is the longest out of all of them. This stage can last up to 1-5 weeks. During this stage i will be watching over you and the faction in-game, to get a feel for how your RP is. Other admins have input on the decision, and help with the watching over. The final vote is made by the admin team.

5) [ACCEPTED] or [DENIED]: This is the final verdict, after all is accounted for; being from the admin team's opinion and of mine (Head of Unofficial Factions), we decide to either make it a Official faction, or Decline the request.

6) [Inspection]: If your faction is Accepted, and made official. I (Head of Unofficial Facitons) or another Faction Review Team Member will be assigned to your faction for a Post application Follow-up. This stage could last for 2-3 weeks. Depending on certain Situations.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnC

Donator
Donator
banner%20SA.png

Faction Application & Rules Update! (March 10th 2014)

Hey guys, JohnC here.

After speaking to Overload, we decided the Faction Request's were moving wayyy to fast, so we decided to add a new stage to the process.

[Recon Stage] Now Implemented.

After the faction request has been reviewed, and passed onto the next stage. The application moves onto the Recon Stage, this consists of a 6-12 week watching period; and gives players a chance to see how the faction roleplays, and get the general idea of the faction itself.

General Rules of the [Recon Stage]
  • The Faction Leader and the members MUST remain active
  • No admin jails during this stage, it can result in a Decline (Exceptions can be made)

Not only will this benefit the applicant, but it will also show us that you really want to earn an Official Faction! :)

I also added a new basic rule, the faction leader must not have been banned/unbanned within the last month.

~JohnC
Head of Unofficial Factions

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnC

Donator
Donator
banner%20SA.png

Faction Application & Rules Update! (June 29th 2014)

Hey guys, JohnC Here!

After some talking with the admin team, we have decided to change around some rules. (Changes will be pointed out with yellow text.)

Rules Changed
  • The leader of the faction must have at least 150 hours on their specific account (Exceptions can be made)
  • You and your members must have already been active for 1 week

Changes to the Application System
  • Only Legal and Illegal factions can now apply, Government factions require Approval.
  • [Recon Stage]: After the faction request has been reviewed, and passed onto the next stage. The application moves onto the Recon Stage, this consists of a 4-5 week watching period; and gives players a chance to see how the faction roleplays, and get the general idea of the faction itself.

Now that I am back on the admin team, and regained my position again as Head of Unofficial factions; expect changes to come! Remember, it doesn't hurt to apply for a faction. Who knows, you might just make it official!

~JohnC
Head of Unofficial Factions

DrJoseEvil

MTA:RP Forum Legend
Donator
Howdy.

I'll be taking over faction applications now, everything on this thread is still valid and applications are now open.

We now have restrictions on the amount of faction type

There can only be max 6 Illegal factions
There can be max 10 Legal Factions
There is no actual limit on government factions, but they are very hard to obtain (You can't apply for obtain non-used factions, you can only apply for new ones)

Purchasing illegal factions will be put on hold for the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sUp5rET.png